TechSmart is a Seattle, WA based EdTech company that empowers teachers to reach all students with coding & computer science. We believe every student deserves the opportunity to learn to code and make their mark on the world, regardless of their backgrounds, identities, or abilities. We partner with school districts to provide Teacher Coding Bootcamps, a K-12 Curriculum Pathway, and a cloud-based Teaching & Learning Platform.
As a Technical Project Manager you'll advance the rich web application that is our Teaching & Learning Platform, which delivers our world-class coding curriculum to tens of thousands of teachers and students around the United States. You will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and supportive group of fellow engineers and use proven technologies to provide the best possible experience to both our customers and dedicated staff.
We are looking for a professional to join our team and help invent the future of K-12 coding education. The ideal candidate has strong project management and coding skills, a friendly and collaborative personality, a passion for education, an attention to details, and a desire for self-improvement.
In this role, you will...
- Impact the lives of tens of thousands of elementary, middle, and high school students by supporting their teachers to provide them with learning pathways to professional coding jobs.
- Collaborate with our curriculum, engineering, product management, teacher success, and user experience teams to push computer science education to new heights of instruction and engagement.
- Apply innovative tools and methodologies to break down large initiatives into smaller streams of work, monitor progress, predict delivery, and communicate releases to stakeholders.
- Deepen your skills by working with proven technologies on a rapidly scaling web application, and by learning with your fellow engineers via code reviews, feature analysis, process retrospectives, and other collaborative techniques.
As a project manager, you will...
- Plan, forecast, manage, and monitor software development work streams and their dependencies using collaborative tools.
- Communicate within the team to remove barriers impeding progress, escalating issues when necessary to mitigate risk.
- Collaborate across teams to gather clear technical requirements and influence product decisions.
As a software engineer, you will...
- Implement features in our world-class teaching and learning platform.
- Troubleshoot issues, implement features, and fix bugs within the platform as they arise.
- Delight teachers, students, school districts, and staff with the software you create.
We are excited to meet because you have...
- A growth mindset, respect for others, empathy, honesty, humility, and accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Proficiency with a kanban tool such as Planview LeanKit or equivalent.
- Proficiency with splitting a large software project into smaller work tasks and phases.
- Familiarity with predicting when all tasks for a phase or project will be done.
- Familiarity with communicating a project release to end users.
Web Application Development
- Proficiency with a backend web framework such as Django or equivalent.
- Proficiency with a frontend web framework such as Vue or equivalent.
- Proficiency with a relational database such as MySQL or equivalent.
- Proficiency with a cloud service provider such as Amazon Web Services or equivalent.
Software Engineering Practices
- Proficiency with Git and a repository hosting service such as GitHub or equivalent.
- Proficiency with iterative design, incremental development, automated testing, code reviews, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
And have the following relevant experience...
- At least one year of professional project management experience.
- At least two years of professional software engineering experience.
This is a full-time, remote position. We are seeking applicants who can collaborate with our team Monday–Friday between the hours of 9 AM to 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.
To join our dynamic, rapidly growing team, send us your resume with a link to a code sample.
We are committed to building a diverse team, at all levels, that mirrors the populations we serve. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, TechSmart considers all qualified applicants for employment.